Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Sep 30, 2004, 11:25 AM   #1

I am about to purchase my second digital camera. My first was an Olympus Camedia D510-Zoom, a 2.1 megapixel camera that I have enjoyed using. I have taken some wonderful photos with it and considering the low pixels, the quality of my photos has been quite good. I have also enjoyed the quality of photos taken in 'low light' situations which was one of the reasons I choose this particular camera. I have had it for 4 years now and sadly, my kids dropped it and it now is unuseable!

So I need to get a new digital and of course, feel that I am ready for an upgrade in pixels and also in zoom. I am looking at the 10X zoom camera's but definitely want the IS feature. So the two I have been looking at are, the new Konica Minolta Dimage Z3, the Canon Powershot S1 IS or Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ10. I like the fact that the KM has more pixels and a larger zoom than theother twobut theyalso have acceptable features to me so I would like to know if anyone can compare thesethree cameras for me. I am interested in knowing how each performs in 'low light' situations, ease of use, comfort in the hand, speed, picture quality, etc. Which of these cameras do you like best and which do you feel is the better value? Are there any other camera's with a 10X zoom and IS that I should be looking at? I don't mind paying the higher sticker price for the KM but I want to know that it is worth the extra bucks. I am having trouble finding much info on the KM but what I have read about the Canon and Panasonichas been good for the most part.
Any info would be much appreciated!!! Thank you.

snaphappy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links