Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:14 AM   #1

Hi, I‘m looking into getting a Digital Camera. This would be my first Digital Camera, so I need some help as in what to get. I know you probably get lots of questions like this, but it would be great if you can answer them and/or suggest a camera. I will be using the camera outdoors most of the time taking pictures of animals and pretty sites. At times though I would use it indoors. I may be taking pictures of animals from 40 feet away, so I am sure I will need some extra zoom, but I am not sure because this will be my first Digital Camera. I would like to keep the price around $250 but of course I can stretch if you believe it is worth it. I would like the photos to be good enough for e-mail or small prints (3X5 or a little bigger).

Here are some of the things I would like in the camera:
• Reliable/Durable
• Decent Battery life (If possible)
• Small enough to through in bag and/or neck strap
• Decent Warranty and/or good customer service
• Quality Photos
• Redeye reduction (or whatever that is called)
• AF Lighting (I heard it is a necessity. Is that true?)

I would also like video. Do you think it is worth it to have video, or isn't it high enough quality to even bother with? Does it have a decent package (CD's Battery Manuel etc.)? How much zoom do you think I will need? Do you need auto focus? How many pictures can you take on the card that comes with it? If I would need a better card what size should it be and how much would it cost? If you don't need video I don't need sound, but if you think video is worth it I would like a camera with sound.

Finally. If you have the camera you suggest would you buy it again? Why do you suggest it? If you could change something on the camera what would you change? Also any other information you think I should know would be great.

Your help is greatly appreciated,

nitroice0069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links