Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 2, 2004, 4:00 PM   #1

Canon A85 or Sony DSC-P73?
That's the big question. Which one should i buy?

I've read LOTS of good reviews about the Canon, all of them telling how great A75 is. Since the 85 is its successor it is supposed to be at least same as good. On the other hand, P73 seems to be a good camera too. Smaller than A77/85 - that's a 'plus'. Fewer batteries (2 compared to 4 for the canon) - another 'plus' that I see. Minuses for the P73: smaller LCD and the more expensive memory stick.

I've also read that A75/85 is one of the best cameras ever been made. A great success. Too many people saying that so I have to believe it. What about the Sony? Is it BAD compared to the Canon?

The price is about the same. And more expensive than in the US. So... I'm talking about an investment here. I really need some help.

A85 or P73 ?

yyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2004, 6:33 PM   #2

hi, i've been looking for a good <$300 camera, and have been considering the a85 as well. I personally never liked the long, round sony cameras because of design and because i didn't find the LCD screen to be very crisp. I don't know if the P73 has a better screen than the ones i've seen though. But mostly it's just a grudge i have against sony's.

I'm trying to decide between the A85 and the Fuji E510 right now. they are the same size and similarly priced. I've always liked the cripsness of Fuji photos although the e510 uses the pricier xD card. Anyways, if it's possible, i recommend you (if you haven't already) to try and get your hands on those cameras and try them out before you decide.

good luck.
dc123 is offline   Reply With Quote