Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 2, 2004, 6:20 PM   #1

hello i was wondering if any of you can tell me which is an overall better camera? i've read the reviews but i just can't decide between thenikon cool pix 4200 and canon s410. i go to alot of concerts and i'd like a good camera that will work under that kind of environment. at the moment i'm leaning towards the nikon... help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
incubud421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2004, 11:26 PM   #2

I had the exact same questions -- see my post for more details: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=87

I've since made up my mind and can't say enough about how good it feels to be done with my research. I've read about and experienced "camera research burn-out" first hand.

Don't overbuy on the MPs. 3MP is fine for prints up to 8x10. 98% of my prints will be 4x6, and there won't be a difference between 3 and 4MP.

I was stuck between the 4200 and the S410, but then I got off the 4MP kick and shifted the debate between the Nikon 3200 and the Canon s210 (both 3.2 MP). I preferred the Canon style and size, but liked the idea of Nikon's scene options.

THEN, someone referred to Canons new Elphs coming out in the next 2 weeks!!! The Canon SD200 (3MP) and SD300 (4MP) will be smaller than the S410, have a 2" LCD, AND add some scene options. The SD200 will list at $299. I'm totally sold on it. Read some reviews. Apparently, Canon has addressed critics' critiques of the S210 and added a brand spanking new processor.

Now I just wait for the releases and then find a coupon (Office Max, maybe) to knock $50 bucks off list and I'm cool.

Good luck.

mstenzel is offline   Reply With Quote