Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 6, 2004, 9:52 AM   #1

I recently bought the Pentax S40 off ebay, and I am waiting for it to come. Right after I ordered, I found this site, which gave the poor review of the product. I was going to buy either the Canon A75 or the Minolta DiMage Xg, but chose the S40.

My main reason for getting the S40 was because of its size. Does anyone know if the A75 can fit into a jeans pant pocket? I know that the Pentax can, and I thought that the picture quality was about equal, until I read the reviews of both.

Sooooo my question is: Should I leave the Pentax unopened, and re-sell it, and then use the money to get the A75, or is the Pentax fine?

My main use is just to bring to college parties, and take pictures, so some low-light pics. I will also be using it to take pics of the beautiful New England fall. I dont think I will be using the max resolution, so is the clarity of pics even noticeable at like 1500 res?

Thanks, Brian
phoenix2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2004, 7:06 AM   #2

I am a "newbie" to digital photography and purchased the Pentax s40 because of its size. So far it SUCKS in low light situations. The 3x zoom is useless (see my post under newbie: dark photos) I do love the size, and because of that I carry it everywhere. But I am really disappointed the in the inside/flash/zoom stuff. I also checked out the A75, it's alot bigger but looks a lot easier.

tomdude is offline   Reply With Quote