Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 8, 2004, 2:54 PM   #1

sorry for the new post, but i believe the subject has changed enough for that....

I prefer the LONG ZOOM, i want a good Long zoom camera and i think that i'm looking more towards the panasonic models.

i've read again the reviews and the specs of those cameras, and the only opponent i have right now is the C-5060 (which has lower zoom, but is a very good cam)

I'm regular to olympus cameras so mystate-of-mind was that most of the other vendors were not as good as olympus, but now i believe that the dmc-fz10,15 & 20 are really good cameras, i love the x12 zoom, the Great image stabilizer, the Focus ring, and of course the included lens-hood against the flares.

the things i still need to know are:

1) is the EVF on the panasonic models worse than the optical on the c5060? i don't wanna find myself unable to see at all (lcd+evf) what i'm capturing at some point (low light, high-exposure), i don't mind seeing 70-80% likewith the optical vf.

2)As i see - the main difference between the fz10, 15 & 20 are the resolutions (and of course the price),ARE THERE ANYOTHERMAJOR DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THEM? again, i'm pretty much of an amateur photographer, i just want a good camera to satisfy any photographing-needs i have...

3)I want to buy a 1GB/512MB card, the dmc-fzXX series use SD (so i can get an ultraII) and the 5060 can use CF2 MicroDrive cards. Are both options fast enough (in writing) to allow good overall working speed?

Again, Thanks ahead for the helpers,

zvoykish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links