Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 14, 2004, 2:46 PM   #1

I'm pretty new to digital cameras in general. I'm looking for a pocketable camera that can take good movies, good night shots, and also has a decent picture quality. Most of my pictures will be printed in 4x6's so i was looking for like a 3-5 MP camera. It would also be nice if I could get the camera for under $300, anywhere (even on ebay). Here are some cameras I've been looking at. Any comments or opinions on any of these cameras or other cameras would be GREATLY appreciated.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F88 - swivel design is awesome, it's a little to expensive, and might just be a little too big

Pentax Optio S4i - another tiny camera that I really don't know that much about and even though it's tiny the design doesn't really interest me much

Konica Minolta Dimage Xg - camera i've been researching for a while...even though it's older picture quality is good and it's got that cool factor

Canon Powershot SD200 - New Camera coming out...picture quality looks good and movie quality is awesome

Kyocera SL400R - don't know much about this camera, but the SL300R got good reviews, any information or reviews on this would be VERY helpful

mnkybznus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2004, 4:43 PM   #2

Don't know your budget, but you might look at the Sony P150. Definitely the right size. Sensor is supposed to be very good (much better than the 5MP version). Flash and limited manual controls seem to be the major drawbacks. Sensor on both the Canon G6 and this Sony seem to have less noise vs the prior generation. So it is possible to cram more pixels into the same space if all else is NOT equal..
wmussatto is offline   Reply With Quote