Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 16, 2004, 5:21 AM   #1

i want to buy a digital cam that has good close up capability. i will be using it for intra-oral photography ( i am a dentist). there was a time when i was using my nikon (non digi) with a ring flash and it gave me great picts but now i would like to go digital. i am considering the Canon IS, MinoltaZ1 or the Panasonic FZ3 or FZ1 but am afraid that they may not give me adequate illumination for in-mouth shots. any suggestions..thanks
docdix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2004, 8:14 PM   #2

I would suggest buying a Digital SLR like the Canon EOS Digital Rebel and using the ring flash (Canon's MR-14EX macro speedlite). You would get excellent results. If money is no option I would check into the Canon EOS 20D. If you are trying to go low-budget then the Canon G6 will also adapt to the MR-14EX macro speedlite. Hope this helps.
stallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2004, 8:54 PM   #3

Many camera manufacturers make specific "kits" for dental pnotography. I remember Pentax being one, although I haven't really followed it to see if it's crossed over into digital yet. I do remember going to a dentist several years ago who used a digital video system to scope inside the mouth & then freeze & print images on the spot.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:59 AM   #4

go to dentaltown.com and photomed.net. these are the places where you will find the info you are looking for.
nacha is offline   Reply With Quote