Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 20, 2004, 9:10 PM   #1

Was going to buy the Z20, but did not like using the EVF. Like the SLRs, butnot sure about the price and my experience level.My main goal is to take indoor and outdoor pictures of my kids. I hope to take outdoorshots of them playing sports.

Considering the G6, but the price is not that far off the D70. Is the D70 simple enough for a beginner? How good is the kit lens. And what type of shooting is it best suited for?Will I be able to buy an inexpensive Zoom lens for shots on the field. How well do hand held zoom lens shots turn out? I know there are a lot of variables in getting a good shot.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Family Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2004, 1:40 AM   #2

Believe it or not using the fz20s EVF is a piece of cake. When using the G6 I find I have to use the LCD screen to properly frame photos, the optical viewfinder only gives you about 80% of the picture and having an EVF up at your eye eliminates alot of the light that may mess up the LCD screen image when framing and getting proper focus. Also the G6 is about 1/2 the cost of the D70. If you can afford the DSLR I'd say go for it. Just remember extra add ons really add up. I have both the fz20 and the G6 and like them both. The G6 will go full manual and both produce very nice photos. The fz20 with the 12x zoom really is an all in one camera. The zoom I was looking at for a potential purchase with the D70 was $1600, yes there are less expensive zooms but you sacrifice speed and performance. Good luck.

ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2004, 12:12 PM   #3

Looks like the FZ20 is really state of the art.
hbh is offline   Reply With Quote