Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

View Poll Results: D70 or D100?
D70 0 0%
D100 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 21, 2004, 7:34 AM   #1

Hope somebody can help me with some tips...

I currently own a Nikon F5 and a Nikon F65. The F5 is coming out in bad weather conditions and for best quality pictures and the F65 is more for quick pictures during holidays, when light weight and built-in flash areimportant.

Now, I am looking to buy a digital Nikon. It has to be a Nikon because I would like to be able touse my 5 Nikon lenses and Nikon flash. I think the D1 and D2 cameras are too professional for my use, so I am focussing on the D100 and the D70.

I have read mixed reports about which one of those is 'best'. To be honest, I am not so worried about the price, as long as I get thecamera with the best performance. I would like something that is reasonably waetherproof, has a built-in flash, ideally has the possibility to use AA batteries, and of course takes the best quality pictures.

What are your thoughts??

Many thanks!!!

babs195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:35 AM   #2

My brother in law has the D100. I have the D70, so I'm familiar with both. The image quality, and overall responsiveness is about the same. The D70 has the following advantages:

1 smaller and lighter

2 slightly stronger flash - better exposures indoors

3 faster max shutter speed

The D100 is more suited for real professional use because:

1 heavier, more durable body

2 additional features such as cable release shutter, more choices for flash sync, PC sync terminal.

My advice - if you earn a living by taking pictures, get the D100. If you are not a pro, but love photography and cameras, save some money and get the D70. The D70 has 90% of the features of the D100 and has a faster shutter.
MontiCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote