Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 27, 2004, 12:57 AM   #1

I have been looking at both of these cameras for awhile now and I can't decide on which one to get. I know the canon is a lot smaller but I haven't heard much about this camera from users. The user reviews for the DX7440 are great. Right now I am leaning towards the Kodak but if you guys have any suggestions on what's good and bad about these 2 cameras I'd appreciate it. Thanks
jrdnsrnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:05 PM   #2

I own the SD200 and love it. I had never looked at the Kodak before you mentioned it. It seems like a decent camera. The Canon has all the features I like from video to flash settings and manual adjustment. Kodak is known for making a camera for the everyman; canon for the advanced user.

These cameras seem like the wrong cameras to compare. This Kodak would seem marketed more against the A85 than the SD200 (and even the S410 compares more evenly).The Canon likewise is better comparable to the LS743 in form/function.

I had the Canon SD100 and Stylus 300 and this camera is alot cooler looking and takes a better picture than the others. I do not like the plastic side or the way it covers the USB port but other than that, it's great. The thing is slightly bigger than the Pentax so it will barely not fit into an altoids tin (I bought the tin). Photography wise, it takes a better picture and has picture modes including night, indoor, kids and play and "underwater" so it has a quick use and then a manual mode that lets me set anything I want. When I take photos at night, it can light it up well and without much noise. I need to get a tripod though.Day, people and macro were great.

rp3 is offline   Reply With Quote