Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 28, 2004, 1:29 AM   #1

I am anhome user who only takes pictures at family gathering and whenout with my friends. I am currently in a delima(sp?) where I have to choose between the 945 and the r707. The 945 has a better lens but is much bulkier and I really don'tlike that. But the 945 also has a better zoom, but the r707 is much slimmer and sleeker. This is the conversationI have had with myself for the past couple days. Please someone give me some advice.
JTermechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2004, 7:07 AM   #2

I have used HP945 since almost one year and I am satisfied with it, in general. In my opinion, picture quality is very good.

A few things that I don't like are:

- when shooting against the sun (not something that one normally does, but it can happen), the camera may exhibit a strange behaviour (horizontal lines). It is not clear wether or not HP has corrected this in recent cameras. My camera has this defect, but I am not too much worried because it affects only a small pecentage of pictures

- it is a little bit slow, so it is not ideal for moving subjets (if you pre-focus it becomes better, but still a little bit slow)

- the quality of registered sound is bad

Abaout thelast 2 points, I don't know if R707 is better.

You can see a lot of samples on: www.hp945.com

dariob is offline   Reply With Quote