Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 30, 2004, 2:07 PM   #1

I currently have a nikon 4300 and want to get a digital camera that will take the picture as soon as possible after pressing the button. I don't care much about 10 or 20 shots in a row a few might be nice. What spec can I look at and what camera's do you recommend. I don't care about change able lenses. I't would be nice if the camera was similar in size to the 4300 and even better if it is a nikon. 4 mega pixels is fine.

Thanks in Advance.

landav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2004, 10:35 PM   #2

Have you looked at the Panasonic FZ20? 5mp, 12X zoom, imagine stabilization, manual and auto modes, hot shoe for external flashes, an amazing Leica lens. This camera has burst modes for fast consecutive shots. You can take 4 or 5 shots in a row or you can set it to just keep shooting until your memory card is full. This camera is quite fast and responsive. I've had mine for a week now and am really enjoying it.

snaphappy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:24 AM   #3

Go down to a B&M store and try a Kodak 7440 - it's amazingly fast. Two tips to help the speed:

1. The image review screen does not have an adjustment - it's either on or off. However, while it's showing you the shot you just took, click again and it will go away and you can click again for the next shot.

2. Turn off the preview and click like crazy.

The cam also has a couple burst modes.
uncool is offline   Reply With Quote