Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 4, 2004, 11:15 AM   #1

I have owned Fuji Finepix 3800 for 2 years. Cant take decent indoor snapshots, indoor basketball game shots either, plus camera very big. It has ISO set at 100. Thought Id try a smaller camera with a higher ISO rating. Purchased Nikon Coolpix 3200 which does 50 to 200 ISO.Very similar results. Both take great outdoor pics. But anything inside I cant get decent pics. They reliably have motion blur from subject motion. My understanding is that I must use flash indoors no matter how well I "think" the light is, however the flash freezes the motion but causes everything to be very stark, color seems to be way off compared to actuall scene. Ive tried manually selecting the white balance and using different indoor scene modes to no avail. Any suggestions on what to do or a camera that will take indoor shots? If I had to I will use two cameras, the Fuji which takes great outdoor shots and something else for indoors? Or is this just the way digicams are indoors. I cant spend over 400 dollars on a camera. Thanks.
Jetboy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 5, 2004, 1:18 PM   #2

Boy, I sure do have the same question. Being a mom, most of my shots are of some little tyke crawling around on the floor, and that's not necessarily well-lit. My Canon S400 left a LOT to be desired in this category.
nlsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 2:03 PM   #3

You need a camera capable of higher ISO speeds, with a bright lens to get shutter speeds fast enough to reduce motion blur indoors without a flash or tripod. See this thread discussing the issue:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote