Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 8, 2004, 5:14 PM   #1

I am interetsed in a digital camera to take family pictures (vacations, birthday parties, etc.). Most important characterisitics: picture quality (both indoor and outdoor) andthe ability to take sereral pictures quickly (little down time between pictures).Any suggestions or comments on the Kodak DX7440 or the Cannon A85 would be appreciated (or any otherbrand). I am leaning toward the Kodak, but the Cannon cameras seem to VERY popular

Also, how is the battery life on the Cannon vs. the Kodak? How many pictures before recharging (assuming high resolution)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

MNML is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 8, 2004, 7:06 PM   #2

I have had the A85 for a little while now and really like it. A friend of mine has the Kodak and I prefer the A85 to it. Suprising since that's the one I have . But seriously, the A85 is a great camera that takes great pictures. I use 2100 mah rechargeable NiMh batteries and the battery life is quite respectable. I don't know how many pictures I get, but I do know that I use it almost every day and the batteries last a couple of weeks. If I had to guess I would say about 300-350 pictures spread out over the 2 weeks. Hope this helps.
judge_dredd is offline   Reply With Quote