Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:02 AM   #1

Please help. My wife and I are 60 year old technology phobes and are retiring at the end of this year. We want to sell some of our collection of fishing tackle on ebay to suppliment our incomes and we need an EASY-TO-USE digital camera to post images. Pictures need to have detailed resolution (for small flies and lures). Our major requirements are:

1-Good quality, point-and-shoot, close-up, detailed pictures of fishing tackle to post on ebay and send over email.

2-EASY TO USE camera and EASY TO TRANSFER images. I'm old and don't find this new computer technology intuitive at all. I'm also not a photographer, so I need automatic everything.

3-I will want to use this camera for general use as well (family photos, indoor/outdoor, wildlife shots, etc.).

4-Prefer lithium ion batttery, but not a deal-breaker.

5-Prefer smaller size so easy to carry around, but detailed pictures are more important.

6-Won't need to enlarge above 8x10.

7-Don't want to spend more than $350 US.

lee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2004, 5:51 PM   #2

Try the Canon A75, A80 or A85. They are the cheapest while not being "cheap", and will have most of the features you require.

On the batteries, the type of batteries are not that important to me. Li-ions are lighter, but AAs are cheaper. You can buy NiMH AAs and charger fairly cheaply too (just get reputable ones).

Thon is offline   Reply With Quote