Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 10, 2004, 11:59 PM   #1

I presently use a Canon Powershot S410, it's my second powershot, my first I handed down to my wife. I love the camera (and I know how crazy this is going to sound), but I want to get something smaller to carry around in my pocket for parties and weekends, I use the 410 for work. I've looked at both the SD120 and the S5I, they both are small and look like they do a good job for my needs, these are mostly just snapshots, I'm not doing magazine covers. I suppose I'm partial to the Canon since I've had such good luck with my Powershots, but the lack of a optical zoom could be a problem. Any thoughts?
One other thing the guy at the store i went to was offering his last SD 10 for about $200, how does that stack up against the SD 20?

kathy lee gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2004, 8:59 AM   #2

A friend at work has the SD10. He loves that camera and he has shown me hundreds of pics from it. They look pretty nice and he predominatly shows them on his laptop. Alot of people have commented how nice the pics look.I personally think 4MP (sd10) is enough for most people, if the biggest pic you are going to make is 8x10. $200 sounds like a great deal, my friend bought his for al ittle over $300 about 8 months ago and was real happy with his deal.

He does miss not having a optical zoom. His pics are mostly snapshots with friends at get togethers and he loves the small size which is about the same size as his cell phone.

The black and silver sd10 looks pretty spiffy, too

Try looking at the sd200/300, they may fit your needs perfectly.

smc is offline   Reply With Quote