Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 14, 2004, 2:58 AM   #1

I can't seem to decide on which camera I want. I'm looking for a camera that you can put in your pant pocket, has a metal casing, accepts SD memory because my brother already has a stack of those cards, be able to shoot pretty good pics that print well both indoor and out, have a shot-to-shot w/ flash lag of under 3-4 secs and be under $400CAD/$350USD. Is that to much to ask?! It might be.

I've managed to narrow them down to about half a dozen but I guess I have questions on all of them.

Pentax S30/S40 - Does the S30 have the same lag problem after the flash as the S40? I took a look at the S40 at the store and it had the very noticable lag. A larger (512MB) card won't help will it?

Konica Minolta G400 - Is the low lightpics on autoreally poor? Does the sliding cover/on switch slide to easily? I don't want it to turn on in my pocket.

Canon SD110/SD200 - I really like the SD110 except for the fact that it only has a 2X optical zoom. The SD200 has a 3X opticalzoom butseems kind of expensive for a 3.2 MP.

Casio EX-Z30 - I haven't seen any reviews for this but I'm going to assume it's nearly the same as the EX-Z40. I've read some comments that the EX-Z40's pics came out horrible when printed. How much extra junk do you have to carry for the cradle? I guess it's ok since I don't move around that much.

Any help will be appreciated.

- James
subliminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links