Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 22, 2004, 3:09 AM   #1

I have upgraded my budget and I am starting to consider the 600-1000 range.

I am now considering thenew evolt or the new Rebel (black one) asa G6 alternative.

I don't plan on buying extra lense and plan on sticking to a below 1000 budget and use the lense which come with the evolt or Rebel if I decide on one of these two.

What are the main plus of those two DSLR compares to the G6?

Thx for your help.
fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2004, 3:53 PM   #2

The Evolt is so new I don't think too many reviews have been written. I suspect that the Evolt will not go over well due to poor styling, to say the least.

The Rebel and the G6 are two completely different cameras. The Rebel is a bottom of the bucket D-SLR that still manages to turn out some nice images. I don't like the ergonomics of the Rebel.

The G6 is more like a conneseur's camera. Great lenses, lots of manual control. But again, a small camera that might be hard for your hands to manipulate all the buttons and controls.

I think its really important to handle a camera before you buy it. A camera that feels great in the hand, has great ergonomics and easy to get at buttons and menus becomes a "photographic tool" rather than an expensive toy that sits in a cupboard somewhere.
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote