Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 27, 2004, 4:07 PM   #1

Ok, My hubby and I bought a Casio Exilim EXZ40 4mp camera yesterday. It's still sitting in the box on the table, because I want to make sure it's the "right" camera for us. This is what we're looking for....

1. Clear, crisp pictures (mostly in 4x6 with the occasional 5x7 or 8x10)

2. Lighting fast shutter response....we have two kids under three years old, and getting the exact moment captured is very important to us.

3. I want a camera that is very compact and looks cool. Right now, we have a 35mm huge olympus camera, this thing is like a huge box with an even bigger "nose" on it! It's like half the size of my head, seriously. OK, yes, I hate it. Now, I want to get spoiled with a tiny camera!

So, I'm not a professional, so I probably wouldn't notice a lot of the differences that the professionals do. I just want to be able to produce clear, crisp pictures for scrapbooks.
Do you think the Casio EXZ40 is the way to go, or do you think another camera fits the bill better? We are wanting to keep it under $400.

I have considered getting a Casio P600 off some of these cheaper internet sites (have seen it as low as $389) but am not sure if it's total overkill. I just like what I've seen about it's shutter response time.

Thanks so very much for your time and opinions. I just want to get a camera that we can appreciate for many years to come. (Because my hubby won't buy another expensive one any time soon.)
Toothfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links