Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 5, 2004, 4:28 PM   #1

I currently have an awesome printer (Canon i9900) & am using an Olympus C2100UZ that only has 2+ mp but produces awesome pictures. I've made thousands of photos with it.

The only thing I have on my birthday list for February is a new digicam. I've viewed the comparison photos (I think they were here on Steve's forum) of several of the 8 mp cameras & was WOWed by the Olympus 8080. It was one of my first choices before viewing the comparisons& now I'm even more enthralled by it.

The main reason for considering an Olympus is due to my positive experience with the 2100UZ.

Now my questions for you gurus:

Does the 8080 have accessory lenses??

I plan on taking photography classes so I can earn $$$ on the side with my photos. Although I've considered portrature I love to photograph natures beauty. My friend is a pro photographer & says I should only buy an SLR that has interchangeable lenses if I have plans to go pro. She has a Rebel & is planning to upgrade to a 20D in the next month or so, using her Rebel as a 2nd camera. Of course the reason she is able to upgrade is because her photography studio has been very busy in small-town USA.

Although she was able to purchase several additional lenses when she first purchased her Rebel, I would be unable to purchase additional lenses until business took off.

My funds are limited & I believe that I would be able to use the 8080 to do some of the same things that got her started - photographing school functions, etc. Where she has a broad knowledge of photography, having changed from 35mm film to digital early this year, I have extensive knowledge of computers & editing software.

I'm particularly interested in hearing from those of you who have used the 8080, as well as other 8 mp digicams. AND more importantly, those who are just starting out in professional photography & are profiting from their business.

It's something I want to do part-time (probably 3 days a week).

Any tips, help, ideas would be helpful.

CoastalCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links