Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 6, 2004, 2:27 PM   #1

I'm seriously considering buying either the Casio or Pentax ASAP and I'm unsure of which camera would be the better of the two. I like the Pentax because it's so compact and I can take it anywhere, it's got a great lense and reliable name like Pentax. I have a problem w/the battery life being so short (about 160 shots), but the docking cradle gives you the option to charge an addtl. battery, which is nice. (no pc connection w/dock, stupid IMO)

The casio has the Pentax lense, but I'm concerned about the Casio name and reliability. What I like about the casio is the 2.5" screen, (hopefully it doesn't scratch in my pocket) Battery Life (about 400 shots), docking cradle charges battery and connects to pc.

Other than that I viewed both in person and they both were comfortable and simple to use. Both powered up very quickly. I'm looking for the camera that will give me the best possible prints.

If anyone has any opinions, I would greatly appreciate them...Thanks
VinnyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2004, 7:20 PM   #2

The thing that matters most is the lens - and its the same on both. So you've got the same okay-but-not-geat image quality.

So you're just really picking on features and price after that.

I have had both Pentax and Casio in the past and while the Pentax was pretty well-built, I actually thought that the Casio was even better build quality. So dont go by the branding.

Also the menu/buttons on the Casio were just easier and much more ergonomic.

Seems like the Casio has better features (esp screen) but the Pentax is marginally smaller. I'd shade towards the Casio if it was me, butitreallyis VERY close.

If you are in this price/size range I actually think the BEST one out there is the Panasonic DMC-FX7 is the best one of the bunch. I'm selling my Optio S4 this week and the Panasonic is the one I'm getting.
skagen is offline   Reply With Quote