Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 9, 2004, 6:40 PM   #1

Ive never bo ught a digital cam before but have been researching it today online and in phone calls to manufacturers because due to a promotion I have a chance to get one of 3 cameras at an incredbily low price. Ive searched the recommended 3 mp list here but they are not listed- I think some of them are new versions that just came out in recent months; I also have done contrast/compare on certain websistes and the information is often incomplete or I just dont know the terms so dont know if the differences are significant or not.

The models are

in order of price

Olympus D-535

Kodax CX7330

Canon A400

With the promotions, coupons and sales Im using the Olympus would end up being $50 less than the Kodak (and the Kodak would not be available for 3 weeks) The Canon would be available immediately but is also the most expensive of the 3.

I was told the Olympus doesnt have a viewfinder so that might be a negative and eat up the battery.

As for other features, Its all greek to me - in terms of amnt of memory, storage of pictures, shooting modes, ie sequential shooting, video capability, portrait , software etc

Anyone here familiar with these and can give me some advice?
sjmplus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links