Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 9, 2004, 9:52 PM   #1

What is a good deal on a barely used C5060 do any of your owners have regrets about buying this model please give me your opinions. Thanks.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2004, 8:17 AM   #2

I think that this camera is about the best you can buy in its class, without doubt. I have used it in all situations and there are several things that stand out. Firstly, the wide angle lens which for indoor situations is incredibly useful. Most cameras, the Canon S60 excepted, are 35mm but the Olympus is 27mm, which makes such a difference although it doesn't look much on paper. The zoom is adequate for the purpose too. Secondly, the screenis fully articulatedso that it is protected when not in use, with the face against the camera back. In a few years time you will bless this feature. 5 megapixels is adequate I have found for A4 enlargments, and I have cropped and blown up with no problems. The viewfinder is optical, not electronic, which is better I find. The screen give a superb clear view, but beware that the viewfinder, like all such cameras including SLR's, crops the picture so the resultant picture is wider than previewed. I prefer to use the screen for this reason. I know some people have had a problem with the control knob but I have never suffered, and I hear that the problem has been resolved anyhow. Personally, with the price down to $500 now on Steve's site and perhaps less elsewhere, I wouldn't consider secondhand, but I would go ahead and buy the camera - you won't regret it. I have a Nikon D70, but for every day situations I find this more portable and just as good in most situations. The manual control works beautifully, and I tend to use mine in aperture priority mode most of the time which I find suits me best. The flash is adequate too.

If you read my other posts you will find that mine was stolen and I bought a Sony P150 to replace it as a truly portable camera. I regretted it instantly, tried the Canon S70 which has manual control, and, despite it's size, went and bought a 5060 again.

Once again I reiterate - you will not regret buying this camera.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote