Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:57 AM   #1

I could do with a few educated opinions about thesetwo digicams as i can't decide which to get. I have held both cams and loved them both but which one takes better everyday pics ( in auto mode) cos me and the better half ain't no photographers.

Picture quality is paramount and then ease of use and finally speed. The kindof pics i take are holiday snapshots,(beach/scenery and of the family indoors and outdoors) I don't expect perfection as i knowthere are compromises with such a small camera but i would like pitures to be sharp and in focus which is something i can't say of my last camera a SONY DSC 1V. I was really disapointed with this camera as nearly every picture taken was soft,grainy and out of focus. I am not sure wether poor quality was down to lack of ability or just a bad example cos it didn,t seem to make any difference wether it was in manual or auto mode.

Anyway back to these two cameras, looking at the test shots in the reviews i would say that the Pentax has the edge in picture quality based on the portrait picturesand the Canon seems tohave mixed opinionson qualitybut i would just like to know which onewould be best for me. Cost, bateries and memory are not issues just which one takes better snapshots.

Thanks in advance for any help and opinions

kaktariuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links