Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 13, 2004, 7:16 PM   #1

I have been shopping for a camera for my wife's Christmas. She is a beginner but has some definite interest and technical skills.

She would use this camera just for general use, pictures of grandkids, lots of indoor shots, scenery, etc. She will do mainly 4X6's plus some 8X10's if it is something she likes.

After readings tons of reviews here and elsewhere the Canon A95 would seem to be a good starting point. There might be other as good as choices buteveryone agrees it is a pretty darn good camera for $300.

While checking prices I found that the Casio P600 can be bought around $350.

It too seems to have gotten pretty good reviews.

Some of the pluses: 1 more Mp but that probably isnt that big of deal. 2. A little more compact, might be a plus as she would more likely to carry it with her. 3. Faster. 4. Maybe a few more controls which probably dont matter at this point.

What it comes down to me is image quality and dependibility, ie, does it take good pictures and does it work. If the Casio was $400+ i probably wouldnt even consider it. But at $350 does it consider to take better pictures than the A95 and is Casio considered a dependable brand.
seymour_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links