Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 21, 2004, 6:25 AM   #1

I am presently shopping around for the best digicam that will get the best indoor people pics (accurate skin tones and no red-eye) with no post-processing and be able to print up to 8x10" prints on my Canon i950. So far I am looking at: Minolta A200, Olympus C-8080+telephoto add-on lens, Nikon CP8800+wide angle lens. For the red-eye problem I am looking at getting an external flash.

In order to carry the minimum amount of gear, I was hoping on the A200 but so far lots of forums are indicating that the images have lots of noise even at ISO50.

At one point I had the opportunity to "play" with the Nikon D70 for about 3 weeks and loved it but my wife refused to carry it around. She is now using a Canon S400 but indoor pics of my daughter (green eyes) always come out with red-eyes and I have no time todo post-processing (my work requires me to do lots of travel).

What would you suggest?

agiaccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2004, 6:41 AM   #2

Red-eye is caused by the flash being close to the lens. An external flash moves away from the lens, and a flash bracket moves it even further.

You could look at a smaller DSLR (Pentax *ist comes to mind, I'm not so sure about the DRebel being smaller).

Also, if you're really serious about indoor shots you may want to consider a flash bracket, which puts the flash further away from the lens. Here's a thread about it:

As for the rest, I'm no expert in those areas, so good luck.
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote