Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 22, 2004, 3:07 PM   #1

Who can help me?

I'm intending to buy my first digital camera. It has to be compact, easy to use, big lcd display, 5mpand ofcourse avery good image quality! First I was thinking about the sony dsc t3 (from europe). But I read about the very poor image quality especially indoors and with low light, it has a weak flash and always red eyes when using the flash. Is it just a problem with this camera or do all cameras in the compact range face these problems?I intend to skip to casio ex z55, based on the good review here. It seems that this camera performs very well, indoors and outdoors! Does anyone has any experience on this? Or would you advise me another camera?

Thank you very much for your great support!
stephanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:57 PM   #2

How compact do you want it? Some of the ultra-compacts are a bit bigger...

Sony T1 has a weak flash and has red-eye problems because it is VERY SMALL. If you check it out, you'll see that it is very thin. In any case, most ultra-compacts DO have red-eye and weak flash issues, compared to the bigger cameras--but the T1 is one of the WORST for the red-eye so it won't get any worse than that IMO... ultra-compacts also generally offer no manual controls or advanced features but I assume you already considered that...

I'm not really into ultra-compacts but the ones I like (based on specs and hearsay) are the Sony W1 (if you want something cheap and decent), Canon SD300 and Panasonic FX7.
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote