Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 24, 2004, 10:52 AM   #1

What a wonderfull site and what a great support are you giving each other!

Who can advise me?

I am from Holland and I am about to buy a compact digital camera. But I don't know which one! I am looking for a small easy to usecompact camera with approx5mp, big LCD and ofcourse the best possible image quality, as well indoors (with low light?) and outdoors! I checked many sites and read many reviews but I don't know which one has it all! And which one offers me the best quality?

Casio ex. z55?

Konica Minolta X50?

Canon SD300?

Panasonic Lumix FX7?

Pentax Optio S5i?

Sony T3?

Nikon Coolpix 5200?

Who has any experience with above camera's and what would you advise me ???

Thank you very much for your help !!!
stephanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2004, 11:22 AM   #2

Well, no one camera is going to be perfect in all conditions. Also, the smaller the camera, the more compromises you usually make. Id' make sure to try out any camera you are considering in a store if possible.

I'd also recommend reading the reviews here, paying close attention to each model's conclusion section. This is where you'll see comments on things like Autofocus Speed/Reliability, Cycle Times between photos, Image Quality and more.

Also, make sure to check the specifications section for things like Flash Range (which drops off as more zoom is used with most models), since you will need to use a flash indoors for non-stationary subjects to prevent motion blur with most compact cameras, staying within the rated flash range for proper exposure.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote