Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

View Poll Results: Which Camera?
Kodak DX7590 0 0%
Minolta Dimage Z3 0 0%
Fujifilm finepix s5100 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 26, 2004, 7:36 PM   #1

After a long search for the right camera I've narrowed it down to the Kodak DX7590(579.98can), Konica Minolta Z3 (600 can) or Fujifilm finepix s5100 (529.98can).

The kodak has 5mp unlike the other ones that have 4, but I dont quite trust its quality. The Konica features more zoom than the others 12x instead of 10x and features anti-shake technology, and just as the kodak, is made in china. Fujifilm is supposedly made in japan and seems to have a nice sturdy construction.

SO help me decide :?
prigrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 26, 2004, 9:01 PM   #2

A quick question - have you considered the Panasonic FZ series? I would consider them to be preferable over all of your choices...

PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2004, 10:30 PM   #3

Thought about a D70 ? they've come down in price .... and you can use the higher ASA settingsup to 1600 ! .....I was looking at all these rather expensive point and shoot cameras ..with their power sucking video screens ,but after looking at that tiny little sensor size of not much more than 48sq mm and packing all those megapixels into a tiny space ...didnt take much to convince me that 6.1 megs in a sensor with an area nearly 8x the size ( 380sq.mm ) made a whole lotta sense. Here's a D70 snap where the sky shows no noticeable noise . My buddy has a Panasonic Lumix 5 meg and altho it has a great lens ...its not even in the ballpark with the D70 ( at not too much more bucks)......just food for thought ... Cheers!
Attached Images
Tobias1 is offline   Reply With Quote