Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 6, 2005, 6:45 PM   #1

My English is not that great so bare with me.

This is my very first post at this forum (wont be the last, for sure) and im about to buy my first "real" digital camera. i want to learn all about taking pictures, and i decided that instead of bying one for about 3-400 dollars i would find one that i could stick with for some time.

The problem in my case is that, i have 2 totally diffrent cameras here, one is a "standard" digital camera and one DSLR, and the reason is quite simple, i have been used to have the LCD as a viewfinder (correct word?) and im not sure if i will ever be used to always use the "eye" viewfinder.

The Minolta also has FFP wich seemes to be quite usefull, and not to mention the anti-shake system since i will likely be taking most of the pictures be hand even at close-up pictures. so the only thing keeping me from the Canon 300D is the LCD viewfinder, FFP and the anti-shake system. so i need some input on if i would be better of with the Minolta A1 considering the above, or would i manage without the anti-shake system?
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

on the other hand we have the ability to change Lens on the 300D, along with serius noise reduction compared to the A1, great focus system, and superior picture quality in general, right?

I should also mention that if i decide to go with the 300D (might go with a 10D) i will bebying a Sigma 28-300 Lens to go with that.

So, im asking for any help i can get is this matter, there must be peaple that has been in the same sutuation before me. changing from the LCD to EVF when it comes to theviewfinder... Is it that hard to get away from the LCD or is it just a matter of time?

and like i stated above, is the A1anti-shake system to good, even for the 300D?

the camera will be used for a wide range ofpictures, close-ups (Macro) landscape, portrate etc.

im looking for any help i can get to choose the right camera that i can stick with for a long time and that fits me.

Thanks in advance.

//Christian Perrson (Sweden)

Berra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links