Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 7, 2005, 5:34 AM   #1

Yes, please! I too would like some advice on camera buying! I'm contemplating wether or not to buy a cheaper (of the two)camera, the Konica Minolta Dimage Z10 or one a bit more expesive, the Kodak-DX 6340.

I also considered the Olympus C-725 UZ, but read some bad reviews on that one (unsharp at night and in auto, not easy to use) and the Fujifilm Finepix S3000 (slow reaction when recording).

I also heard the Kodak is slow in starting op and lag time between pictures, but it has more mpix. The Konica is quicker (is it really?), but you can't change lenses (which I think is possible with the Kodak).

I want to use the camera on my world travels, so will be taking it with me a lot and take pictures of people, landscapes, mostly outside, but inside and at night as well. I don't mind if it's a bit bigger/heavier, but I am an unexperienced photographer, so it should have autofunctions as well as manual ones. I don't want to walk around for months making bad pictures befor I get it right. Would also like to have nice pictures to put in the family-album and send home to family and friends. It would be nice to enlarge the pictures to a fairly large size to cover my walls when I get home. Still, I'm just a student with not a lot of money, so what would you advice? One of the above, or still another one?

Thanks! Lein
lein is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2005, 1:35 PM   #2

Of the choices you listed, I would get theZ10 since it has the greatest zoom and manual modes. These can come in handy from time to time. The use of AA's might also be handy if in your travels you happen to be away from electrical outlets for a while.

PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 5:34 PM   #3

I am a novice and I recently got the Kodak - WOW! Get it!!!

If find it avery easy to use camera and the results and excellent! I too had the konica in mind, I am glad i never chose it.

Darloal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2005, 12:53 PM   #4

Why did you chose the Kodak over the Minolta? Because of more MPix? Or is it a better quality camera?

lein is offline   Reply With Quote