Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 20, 2005, 11:49 PM   #1

hey, im getting rather interested in amateur snowboarding photography, and in case you didnt already know, continious drive is pretty much a necessity. this will be my first camera of my own, my parents have a Canon PowerShot A60, which is nice, but rather limited.

ive been looking at the Fujifilm FinePix S5000's and S5100's. the pro for the S5000 is its got a 5fps continious (which is maybe all i need), but its only 3mp. the 5100 however is 4mp but only goes 3fps. any suggestions as to which of those two is a better choice?

also, its a lot of work to sift through a bunch of cameras specifically looking at the continious drive speed, so does anybody have any reccomendations? i noticed in another thread somebody mentioned the Nikon CoolPix 5700 is lightning fast, but the specs say its 3fps...

also, my budget is sitting around $300, but i can go up if its worth the difference.

ugh, one more thing i need to mention, i really want some way to attach another lens, i really want to get a fisheye later :G
rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2005, 6:46 AM   #2

Check out this link for Dave's picks for sport photography:

MikDee is offline   Reply With Quote