Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 23, 2005, 9:34 AM   #1

I'm interested in getting a compact camera that I can put in my pocket. I was thinking along the lines of a Minolta Dimage X31 or a Casio Elixim.

I could probably figure out what I wanted from Steve's reviews, but I need some help on which models I should be looking at.

I was also hoping to get something around the $150 price range as I usually treat all my cameras like glass, but I don't expect to give this one the same level of treatment. I can also live with just 2 Megapixels but 3+ would be better.
Effen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:08 PM   #2

Are you aiming to spend $150 total, or on the camera alone? If total, then I don't think you can realistically get a good camera for the price. If alone, you're still going to have to pinch every penny and will probablly lose some of the features offered on more expensive digital cameras.

Also, if you could give us more info, we could probably be more helpful. Is video important to you? What size camera do you want? How big of an LCD can you settle with? Do you own any type of memory already?

Checking out Steve's reviews and his buying guide will probably lead you to a more refined sense fo what you want, if not the exact model.

Off the top of my head, the Canon A400,A70(would have to shop around)and the Nikon 2200/3200 are all probably worth a good long look. Some of the old Sony Cybershots would also probably meet your specs.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"If you can bear to wait a month or two, and stomach(e?) the price, the Canon A510 looks to be a great value.

Best of luck with your search!~Jack

Jack B. Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote