Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 23, 2005, 9:03 PM   #1

I've wanted to buy a digital camera for a while now but was turned off by the pathetic flash range of the T1. I'm looking for an ultracompact, basically something that'll fit in my pocket without a problem for both candid shots of friends indoors and [more importantly] sunset shots of the new york sky with rich rich rich color. prints perhaps 10x6? Input would be greatly appreciated, I haven't found anything after months of searching. [400$ max]
user is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2005, 9:44 PM   #2

You might look at the reviews for the new Ricoh Caplio R1, which is quite small and has a wide-angle lens that would be great for landscapes or close-quarters shooting.

You might also consider that any camera small enough to fit in a pocket will have a small flash as well. Small flash means short distance. If you want a small camera, then you will have to accept the fact that none of them will shoot the flash beyond 12-14 feet, even less when using zoom.

PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 11:47 AM   #3

Although not as small and not exactly an ultra-compact per se, how about something like CAnon S60 or S70? The S60/S70 have very large wide angle, which is good for landscape pics... they are also pretty small... BUT they cost a lot and it might be over your $400 limit (not sure what the latest prices are)...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote