Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 24, 2005, 8:10 PM   #1

I want to know which is a better wide angle lense, one that has .8X magnification or .7X. I have an Olympus C-2100 UZ and I want to purchase a wide angle lense but I'm unsure of which lense is better. If someone could assist me it would be much appreciated.

winks33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2005, 2:03 AM   #2

The widest angle without an additional lens on this camera is 38 mm. A .7 wide angle adapter would give you an equivalent of a 26.6 mm lens. A .8 adapter would give you the equivalent of a 30.4 mm lens. What the heck does this mean, you may wonder? Well, everything else being equal, you will get more packed into your picture (side to side) with a lower mm lens. The problem can be this. If you buy some of those cheap wide angle lenses on Ebay (or anyplace else) your picture will likely be distorted. I know this from experience. I had the c-2100 and I have bought several sets of cheap lenses. The camera was great. The lenses weren't. The quality lenses cost more and may not have the same range as the cheap imitations, but the picture quality is noticeably better.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote