Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 26, 2005, 7:02 PM   #1

I am looking to purchase a digital camera for my business. I want to start my own web page and need to take photos of store merchandise. Specifically I need to take pictures of tiny pieces of body jewelry and I need to get up close and take photos of body piercings I've done.

The only advice I've gotten thus far is to look for "macro mode". I have only used little auto-focus 35mm cameras and your typical Costco special digital camera with very mixed results. Aside from loving to take pictures, I really don't know much about photography or cameras in general. I just know I have had poor results getting up close and trying to take photos of little shiny pieces of jewelry in my clients.

Any advice and direction is greatly appreciated.As for budget, I would like to be in the $500 range, but if this is completely unreasonable just tell me what I should be looking at. Thanks again! Shannon
s_leigha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2005, 1:13 AM   #2

You cant go wrong with the Panasonic Ultra Zooms DMC FZ10 ; FZ15 ; FZ20 ; they are not super compact but not full size either. All are under the $500 limit, just make sure to research where you are going to buy it from.
Johnnyrot is offline   Reply With Quote