Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 11, 2005, 12:22 AM   #1

After seven years and more spending moreon digital cameras than film shooters spend on film I want input on using digital for landscape photograpy.

In a nutshell I started out doing the usual street-garden-people shots I've found my most enjoyable/best shooting is landscapes using my Oly 4000 set up thus:

On a tripoid, F-11 (max for camera) Tiff file using the timer. Spend very little time shooting - most on looking, a lot on setup, and almost all the shots from one setting.

Evolved my editing using Photshop 4, MGI, Elements, Gimp, PSP from layers and all the bells and whistles to Brightness/Contrast/Saturation/Dodge/Burn - all the basic darkroom stuff.

Sure sounds like a need for large/medium format But after shooting film (and not knowing what I was doing) for 30 years ($.50 a shot!) I love digital. I use the LCD like a large format 'ground glass' and enjoy the pleasure of spending 95% of my shooting time in set up.

Sounds like I'm happy, I am, but is there a better digital camera ? My 12X18 prints are fine (enlargment form 12 megapixel (Tiff) works fine, if you don't mind 160 dpi at 3 ft.) But if you have questions ASK, and I am

Tks for any ideas/suggestions/comments

Bill D. -in the Oregon woods shooting moss, it rains alot!-
PCSketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links