Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:29 PM   #1

NEWBIE NEEDS HELP !!! Kodak EasyShare DX7590 or Konica Minolta Z3

I am a newbie! Well to this forum anyway.And I would like to say that this is a great site and forum ! I have been checking out about every option out there and I have narrowed my choice to these two..........PLEASE HELP........
Man, I am racking my brain on which to buy.....both have the zoom....only difference the Minolta has a 4mp and Kodak has 5 mp. I am not a professional by any means but I really enjoy taking photos of my kids, a 4 year old daughter and a 3 month old daughter and vacations. I am looking for an all around camera that can produce high quality 8X10s. Right now I have an old Toshiba PDR-M65(2.3mp. I know, I know it is crap, but I received it as a Christmas present a few years back and since have out grown it by leaps and bounds. LOL
Anyway if anyone would help me choose I would be SO, SO happy !
Thanks in advance, Duane

P.S. If you feel strongly about one or the other or hate both and feel that I should buy something else, please let me know why. Thanks again.
Dudewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 12, 2005, 12:18 AM   #2

I would DEFINITELY go with the Km Z3. I have not heard many nice things about Kodaks (lens not sharp, etc.) As far as the 4MP vs. 5MP goes. . . you really will not tell too much of a difference. I own both a 4 and a 5 MP, and I can print 8x10s of each, and they look about the same. Also. . going back to the Kodak Vs. Minolta. The Z3 has Anti Shake!!! great feature.
Hope that helps.
KM_krazy is offline   Reply With Quote