Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 19, 2005, 8:46 AM   #1

hello there.....i would like ur guys opinion on which camera should i buy, the nikon coolpix3700 or the sony dsc-p5???i really hope that u guys can help me.........thanx........
drezzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2005, 7:32 PM   #2

Unless you can find the P5 for substantially under $119 (highly unlikely), then I would get the Nikon. In fact, even if they were the same price, I would still get the Nikon because it has a much closer macro function, a slightly wider lens, and a bigger sensor. It also has many more potentially useful features, such as many shooting modes, noise activated shutter release, and uses slightly cheaper SD cards. One feature I really like on the Nikon is that it's lcd gains up in dark situations.

We purchased my wife's 3700 for $219 at butterflyphoto.com. The current rebate of $100 makes the camera $119 + shipping. Not bad at all, and I doubt that you will find any camera at that price that is better, or even equal to, the Nikon. I'm sure that if you take the time to read the reviews, then you won't have any problem deciding.....

PhilR. is offline   Reply With Quote