Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:03 PM   #1

Ok, I've done a ton of research and finally narrowed down my choices to the A95 and Nikon 5400. I would like a camera for all around use, I frequently vacation NYC, Tenn. Mts., and the beach. I also want a camera I can use for birthday parties and other gatherings. I can't decide between the two cameras which one has the better picture quality.

I really like the look and feel of the Canon A95. It seems to take some fantastic shots, great features, and very durable.

The Nikon 5400 is a top notch camera especially with the $200 rebate. The manual features are great but I'm not "too" concerned with that. It also takes fantastic shots and have heardsome really good things about it.I really like this camera but I am a still a little concerned with its age as its almost 2 years old.

Also I'm a novice in digial cameras so I don't want something thats too difficult to use. I learn extremly fast with all electronics so thats not really a problem and my girlfriend is a amateur photographer so she could always help me out. I also looked into the A520 and was impressed but only thing that seemed different from the A95 was lower MP, better optical zoom, and no roating LCD.

Is there anyone that can speak from experience on the cameras to help me finalize my decision? I would really appreciate any help.

rusty565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:05 PM   #2

Nikon All the way home

For a small amount of more money go with the nikon. It has much better controls and have a better pic quality.

G man

bassfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote