Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 25, 2005, 4:19 AM   #1

I need a compact digital camera with all essential manual controls (such as shutter speed, aperture, focus, white balance) that has the least autofocus problems in low light. Being also able to use a fast shutter speed in low light is a great plus for me, as I really don't like to use the flash. With "compact camera" I mean a camera that I will carry everyday everywhere in its case attached to my belt. And of course that camera has to shoot good looking pictures that don't look like frozen video frames.
So far the most suitable camera I could find was Canon S70, but after reading complaints about it's autofocus problems in low light I started over again with my search. I hope you could help me to find the camera I'm looking for.
KemalEksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2005, 2:16 PM   #2

Compacts and slightly larger ultra-compacts with manual controls include Canon S70/S60/etc, Canon A95/A85/etc (or newer A510/etc), Sony P150/etc, Panasonic LC1 (or newer LZ1 LZ2)...

I think the newly announced Panasonic LZ1 and LZ2 seem like killers so I would wait for those...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote