Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 25, 2005, 4:57 AM   #1

Hi all, I've had this website highly recommended so i thought i'd check it out and see if you helpful peeps can gimme some advise...i'm going to Orlando, Florida is a few months, and then on to San Tiago and Shanghai...was looking for something which is going to be good quality and get the best footage possible on my budget seeing as im never gonna get to go back to these places

i'm looking for a miniDV digital camcorder (i hope this is the right forum for camcorders), preferably in PAL (but i dont suppose it matters too much for watching on the comp etc right?!). I'm a real rookie to digicams, so please bare with me.

i am on a tight budget. i'm looking to spend no more than £300 ($573)

i understand that the spec below maybe hard to meet with the above budget, but was wondering how close i could get: btw -i dont care about the brand, or style.

Digital Mini DV

Resolution: as high as possible

Good low light performance

Optical zoom 16x or higher

Still resolution 2mill

LCD 2.4"

Outputs - DV out, DV in, Analougue (s-video) in, and out

Image stabilizer would be nice

I've looked into a coupld of models, i've been mainly looking at JVC GR-D23, or the GR-D73E. Canon Handycam Elura 65 has probably looked the best suited so far

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

infamousurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2005, 1:36 PM   #2

I don't think this is the place for camcorders... most of the stuff here are about still cameras...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2005, 1:56 PM   #3

This is a great site, but as Sivaram pointed out, mainly for stills cameras. You could check back now and again as someone might be able to help, but in the meantime I suggest you look somewhere like this forum, http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/f1

Or just type camcorder forums in Google, the info you require is out there somewhere.

Good luck in your search,

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 12:08 PM   #4

yeah, i had noticed that it was mainly for still cameras, but thought i'd ask just in case...thanks anyway

ill be sure to check out that website. thanks again...

infamousurge is offline   Reply With Quote