Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:02 AM   #1

I've bought a Digital Rebel, and love it. But I would also like a dirt cheap camera that i can keep in my backpack in case I see something worthwhile. I don't want to spend too much money since it will be used primarily to capture pictures for my web site. 2 megapixels and 2-3x zoom is perfectly sufficient. I'm thinking about getting a used Canon A60/A70. Or are there other (and better) options? I don't expect much, but some manual features would be a bonus.

Budget: $100-150.
patashnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:18 AM   #2

Off the top of my head, I'd look at Nikon 2100 or Canon A400 (only 2x zoom though)....
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2005, 12:13 AM   #3

Well, if you already have a DSLR, I would probably go with an ultra-compact. Ultra-compacts tend to be more costly than compacts and other larger cameras, and usually have no manual controls. But they would complement your camera well IMO (since they are highly portable and good for candid pics, which is the opposite of DSLRs).

Since your budget is very low, I don't know if you can find decent ultra-compacts. You can look for a used Canon SD200 or something like that but they will likely cost more than US$150. Maybe you can look for a cheaper brand like Casio or something...
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote