Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 25, 2005, 8:57 PM   #1

I am looking to buy a digital camera...want good picture quality but not concerned about cropping andblowing upprints. Want basic manual features which they all have. After reading many different reviews on several diff. websites on all 3 of these cameras I still dont know which is the best camera overall. Which camera out of these 3 (a75, a95, a510) would your recommend?? Thanks.
boulderstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2005, 9:45 AM   #2

The A510 is a 2005 model so it has some newer features (like zoom-linked flash), whereas the 2004 models (A75/A85/etc) don't have some of those features. A successor to the A95 might be announced this year too (although no one knows when it will come out).

All of those cameras are pretty much the same. The specs are almost identical except for megapixels (A75=3; A85=4 megapixels; A95=5MP) and a few other things (like how the A95 has a flip-out LCD).

If you don't crop much and/or if you don't print above 8"x10", then 3 megapixels is good enough. Since hte price differences are very minor, you might as well go for 4 megapixels (doesn't matter that much). So I think the A75 or preferably the newer A510 is good enough for you.

Having said all that, Panasonic announced (what I call) killer cameras in this camera class (compact) that may be much better. I recommend that you wait and check out the Panasonic LZ1 and LZ2. Need to wait for reviews but these cameras look much better than the Canon A line right now.
Sivaram Velauthapillai is offline   Reply With Quote