Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 27, 2005, 11:02 PM   #1

i have a 3lemma: i had a canon a75 which i loved and now i want a lil upgrade.

i narrowed down the possibilities to 3 choices : canon a95, canon sd300 and sony p 150. i know the sony one needs a memory stick, while the others use memory cards: what;s the difference?

i don't need a verybig zoom, 3x-5x is ok, but i want good quality pictures.

i'd also like to know what difference between the batteries? i wanna carry the camera with me a lot, so recharging the batteries every half an hour is not an option.

beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2005, 11:31 PM   #2

From this listI will go for A95, but....... you would be surprise how little (if even) quality of pix would be better on A95 v A75 - extra pixels will not automatically bring extra quality. Ask yourself - why do you wish upgrade? Do you miss anything in A75 or just like a newer toy? If first thenlogical upgrade in my point of view would be prosumer camera or DSLR; if second - everything would be good enough as long as you can comfortable hold it :|

As for memory there is no difference - just another kind of. I believe that serial memory (aka Sony memory stick or SD) is better and have brighter future comparing to parallel memory (aka CF ). Memory stick is dearest at the moment and you obviously will benefit from having the same memory as in A75.

As for batteries - proprietary Li Ion has far better performance then Ni Mh, but they much more expensive, proprietary and require proprietary charger. As for me with high portability in mind AA is unbeatable
KSV is offline   Reply With Quote