Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 28, 2005, 4:39 AM   #1

I made the plunge and got the w12. Inital reactions were good, lovely lcd etc.But encontered many a problem: its struggles under low light conditions (unless you use flash which i am not abig fan of) and terrible red eye. Therefore i think I will return it tomorow and was thinking of either replacing it with the s410 or sd300 but i gather the s410 has much better image quality. I just wondered if s410 owners can confirm that you can set a the shutter speed to an length as long as its under 15 seconds e.g. have a 6 second shutter delay for use for night shots. Finally on my old samsung v3 there was a night mode which used flash and caught people without blur but let the blackground blur a little producing nice effects especially if there is neon in the background, how would i do this in manual mode as the s410 has no scene mode! Cheers
roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2005, 7:01 AM   #2

Just think of this before you return it...

I never owned a Sony camera, so I never had the W1 in my hands other than in a store... Keep in mind that Sony is among the best(if not the best) for low light situations and low light focusing. Canon, on the other hand is doing fairly bad compared to Sony, I believe it got better on the SD series, but still behind. Show us some pictures of your problems... You say the camera struggles in low light situations with no flash... what happens ? it can't focus ? Are you using a tripod ?

Please upload some pictures and tell us the EXIF info so that we can guide you to the best of our knowledge.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote