Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 1, 2005, 7:14 AM   #1

Hi all,

Would very much appreciate whatever replies I get to this post. I have been the owner of a fuji 6900Z for about 3 years now and have loved it. I was quite new to cameras when I first got it and the other half advised to get a camera with the manual settings as well and I have turned out some good pictures with it. But, alas, it is a bit long in the tooth now and I am looking to upgrade. Initial thought were a Nikon Coolpix 8800 or a Konica Minolta dimage A2 or A200. Have definitely read mixed reports about the Nikon and it is either loved or hated (usually for its speed) Guess I just need a bit of help nudging me further towards the Nikon or further away from it. I want to go for a lot of Megapixel and would really like a big zoom (hence these choices). If i used a Sandisk exteme 3 CF card would the speed to write be such an issue? Thanks for reading.

Cheers, Tim
timsteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2005, 9:31 PM   #2

If you have tried Fuji6900 for a while you will never like to upgrade poosumer class camera. The price, value, quality is not match. You may consider DSLR, of course it is much heavy but will give you more pleasure.
zanwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2005, 2:28 AM   #3

What if you waited a month or two to see what Fuji comes out with to replace the S7000, which was upgrade to the S602 which was the upgrade to your present camera?

If I had to pick what was available now for less than $700, I would go for the Konica Minolta A200 or the Panasonic FZ-20.

If I were to pick my first SLR, it would be the Pentax *ist DS.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote