Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 2, 2005, 3:10 AM   #1

Hi, I'm a relative beginner though I've really been enjoying photography as a hobby for the last several months--both these cameras fit my requirements (in no order);

1.swivel lcd (though canon's is better)

2. full manual controls

3.AA batteries

4. great reviews regarding picture quality

5. compact (must at least fit in jacket pocket)

I thought I was going to get the Oly C-5060 til I read many reviews regarding the mode dial problem--and unfortunately, the anticipated C-7070 will probably be out of my price range. I can get the A95 new or the C-5050 used for roughly the same price. Pros for canon is that it would be new and I'm familiar with their tendencies since I hada canonbefore (A40 which recently died). Pros for C-5050 is the superbright 1.8 lens since I take a lot of indoor pics (w/out flash). Ergonomically, both feel good in my hands. Shutter lag is also important to me since my active kid is my favorite modelbut can't tell if there's a significant difference between the two--anyone have thoughts on this?

My main purpose for a camera is to take people pics--portraits and candids, inside and outdoors. So, what do you think? Thanks in advance! Another camera I've been considering is the Panasonic FZ3--though it lacks the swivel and AA batteries--but 2.8 throughout the zoomseems special.

Appreciate your time

aspir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links