Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 14, 2005, 2:33 PM   #1

My daughter is thinking about purchasing this camera.

Seems pricey to me.

But what she likes about it is it's 10x zoom, 2.5 inch LCD and fully automatic operation. What reviews I've found online seems to be sketchy at best without an honest opinion of the camera.

Help would be appreciate.

Chuck Tenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:49 AM   #2

Vivitar does not manufacture its own cameras. Neither did Toshiba. I say "did" rather than "does" in reference to Toshiba because it "was" but now "isn't" in the digicam business. If you'll visit the Toshiba board here, you'll see that most of the posts pertain to problems with the cameras. In short, Toshiba cameras were junk, and that is why they are no longer in the digicam business. Now take a look at the 2 megapixel 10x zoom PDR-M500 and 3 megapixel 10x zoom PDR-M700 and compare them to the Vivitar 3755. Are the cameras identical? No. Are they eerily similar? I'll let you be the judge. If you think they are, then revisit the Toshiba board and read specifically those posts concerning the PDR-M500 and PDR-M700. As a final thought, visit the Panasonic board and see what owners of the FZ1 and FZ3 have to say about their cameras. I hope this proves helpful.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote